Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Happy Halloween with Just for Fun Stamps!

Hello all! Pam here today to share with you a "frightful" Halloween card using the fabulous Just for Fun Rubber Stamps and some fun techniques.
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I just love conjuring up spooky projects like this one.


To create this background I stamped JFF's Web Background (J2326) onto manila card stock with black acrylic paint and dried with a heat tool to create a resist. Overtop I sprayed various Halloween-ie colors (oranges, purples and black) using Ranger Distress Stain sprays and Dylusions sprays.  I added some white accents with Hero Arts Unicorn white spray.  After drying completely I then stamped Bats (A3478 over the background in various spots with Archival Jet Black ink. Because the web background is a resist, the bats appear to be flying behind the web, which is a super cool effect.


To finish off the card I added some Tim Holtz Alpha Parts for the "31" and the sentiment "Happy Halloween".
Thanks for joining me today for my first post for the Just for Fun Design Team.  Stay posted here on my blog for lots more great inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment